View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #9
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell IC - Group #2 -- Verisimilitude ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmbeHntr View Post
Erion stands up. Just to see if he still can, he attempts to step up a foot into the air.
He can, but the distance seems distorted. It doesn't match up with his understanding of the surroundings. He feels like he's moved much farther than his senses indicate. His foot looks like it's only an inch from the ground, though he feels like he could fall far enough to snap his ankle.

Quote:
To the mysterious figure, he asks, "Who are you? Where am I? Why did I seem so at peace sitting still? I hate sitting still, or I did. I'm confused. What is going on?"
"All your questions shall be answered in time," he says. His words seem to drag, as though time itself moves at a slower pace in this place. He looks at you for a long time, then a small smile forms at the corner of his lips. "Come," he says. "Follow me." His robe billows behind him as he begins to walk down the mountain.

After what feels like a few miles, but seems to be only a few feet, down to where the clouds start and the figure first appeared, he begins speaking. "This is the Great Mountain," he says. "Where those of our kind dwell." He stops and presses his hand to your heart. "And though you have the body of a man, inside you is the spirit of Air." He continues walking. "When our kind leave their mortal bodies behind, it is this world they come to. Not one of the underworlds, as the human's spirits. Our kind only visit those place on rare occasions. And it is one of those places where you were sent while you lived. I do not know how this came to be, but it is so. This presents us with an unusual opportunity. Your spirit may be returned to your body by One more powerful than myself. Such is the rule. Not even the demon lords can overcome this rule. You, Erion, have been given the chance to return to your mortal body, which is currently sitting in one of the human Hells. I have been sent here to guide you back, so that you may partake a special mission for us. You are to return to your body in Hell and help some spirits of Life that have been imprisoned there. Then you are to gather as much information on this Hell as you can. This will be the first knowledge we gain of this place."

He pulls a small pendant from around his neck and holds it out to you. It's tiny, the size of a small coin, and it rests on a chain so thin you can barely see it. "Here," he says. "Take this. It will help open your mind to the dangers ahead."

(Add one point to the Meditation skill. You gain the Pendant of Yesterday's Visions, which gives +4 on Fright Checks and weighs fifty pounds.)

"We have reached the end of my path," the figure says and points to a small pond filled with black water. "If you have any questions for me, you may ask them now. If not, step into this portal. You will know what to do when you arrive at your destination."
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote