Thread: New Skills
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #77
Rick_Smith

Default terminology and 1/2 memory talents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I really do not like constructions like "mIQ" or "fST." If memory or fatigue really need to be truncated, I'd prefer it was done in regular English rather than inventing more game terms.

I also do not like half-points.
Hi ColBosch,
The word 'memory' has a lot of meaning and connotations in English, but when I use mIQ, I am speaking specifically to the TFT game idea that you have your IQ worth of memory slots to use for your character. Thus the terminology is precise and it needs only 3 characters to convey that idea.

(I've used mIQ for years in my campaign so it looks natural to me.) So I won't stop using it, but if it is any consolation to you, I doubt it will be used in the new TFT.

I think that the price of talents are too high. Most TFT campaigns have some rule or other that allows people to 'cheat' a bit (or a lot) on talents. Now if Steve really does not want to have 1/2 point talents, he could get rid of a few (maybe move Boating into Seamanship for example). But that will only get him so far.

Unless he wants to do some pretty major revisions to how he handles lower memory cost talents, I think this is something he has to consider.

Warm regards, Rick.

Last edited by Rick_Smith; 07-09-2018 at 02:35 PM.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote