View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 10:55 PM   #16
zoncxs

Default Re: A 10-pack of DFRPG questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
That might be the official ruling, but I'm not seeing it from the text. It suggests that, say, +2 DB cast on armor does nothing, until I pick up a shield, or garbage can lid, or anything shleld-ish, then the armor's DB suddenly kicks in (or is transferred to the shield?). And that doesn't feel like the intent to me.

As further argument, I'll note a similar magical enhancement: the Protect Animal spell, which gives +3 DB to its subjects, with no shields needed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the workings of Deflect on armor have already been well discussed on the forum. . . and, I just found a discussion here. http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=153471

Again, I'm not seeing a clear ruling of "Deflect on Armor requires no shield to work," but post #8 suggests that to me.
You know what, you are right, I was overthinking it. I got caught up with terminology and where it is applied. Defense bonus is only found on shields, no where else (excluding spells).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
Sounds neat & clean to me, too, but I imagine there are people who would peek at a new thread out of curiosity, while passing over an old one as "probably just more comments on old stuff". I think I'll try a new one next time just to see whether it gets more commentary!
Problem with that is Moderators might hit you and fuse the threads together. Plus people who see a thread STILL active will more than likely check it out, and if you are updating the first post with added questions with answer then it would be more helpful for everyone. Not to mention the easy of searching.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote