Thread: Munchkin Pawns
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 10:47 AM   #10
relwof

Default Re: Munchkin Pawns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
We have no plans to reprint any of our plastic pawns at this time. It's simply too expensive.
That seems unlikely - perhaps you just need to charge more? $7 for 6 figures might seem high for people who are used to cheap plastic pieces in traditional board games, but these are much nicer than that. They might not be quite at the level of Lego or D&D minis, but they're in the ballpark - and in that market $1.15 a piece is a steal. Personally I'd pay twice what you're asking (although $30+ for a set on eBay is getting a bit much).

And there are still some of these being shipped with Munchkin Quest (4 of the male chainsaw pawns), correct?

In the mean time, I'm planning to 3d print my own (be warned - it's challenging to get quality detail at that scale without a good printer and a lot of practice). I won't be cloning the Munchkin pawns - although if you offered a license to download the files for personal use I'd jump on that. But I've found a few alternatives that look promising, like a chainsaw wielding garden gnome or a chainsaw for Lego mini-figs, along with some other cool accessories like card holders. Those will have to do until you get around to reprinting the real thing...
relwof is offline   Reply With Quote