View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 05:32 AM   #6
whswhs

Default Re: my new campaign ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
On Sorcerer: On one hand, I like the theme of mutual trust and reconciliation (and it's one of the things which attracted me to MtA), but I think that 'tech breaking down' is a misrepresentation of the paradigm that the actual traditionalists are pushing towards. The modern mage isn't someone who disbelieves phones and airplanes. A modern mage is someone who believes that both phones and moxa burning are effective. And even if people in general will begin believing in magic, they won't suddenly stop believing in jets. So I think that the state of affairs you offered is a misunderstanding (or misrepresentation) of the mages' victory condition (perhaps one popularized by the Technocracy!).
The key to this is that I would not be running it as a World of Darkness campaign. There would be no Traditions, no Technocracy, and no Ascension War. I picked Sorcerer for it because I thought its low-key magic system was kind of interesting, and adaptable to a non-WoD setting. (I've done this sort of thing before; I used Amber Diceless to run a campaign set in E.R. Eddison's Renaissance high fantasy world Zimiamvia.)

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote