View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 01:45 AM   #4
cephalopagus

Default Re: Ogre Grand Massive Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by mib5150 View Post
(If this is something that has already been discussed, I beg for forgiveness! Throw away this thread in that case!)

I sat this afternoon with GURPS Ogre and thought about the extensive timeline over the Ogre Universe presented there, and I got this idea:

A kind of card based system (or a book) over battles fought over time, where the outcome of the battles lead to other battles, or, at some points, definitive defeats for one side. It'll be a little like a Solo Adventure Book, where the decisions and outcomes tells you what chapter will be next.

For instance, say that the first battle is with a Combine Mark I meeting a Paneuropean army for the very first time. At the bottom of the card it could say "Complete Combine Victory: Go to Battle Card 61. Marginal Combine Victory: Go to Battle Card 84. Any Paneuropean Victory: Go to Battle Card 33." Perhaps Battle Card 61 in this case leads to another Mark I battle where Combine get some other advantages, and Battle Cards 33 leads to Paneuropean Army getting a huge opportunity to make a hammer blow against Combine in the coming Battle. And so on.

Each battle could give points to buy more and better equipment?

It would be really exciting to include scenarios/battles that are really tipping points for the entire campaign. Maybe Paneuropan are lucky and win over the entire Combine before even the Mark III is out in the fields? :)

(Perhaps the first battles will be fought BEFORE 2060, without Ogres, just as teaching scenarios?)

What do you think?
Outstanding!
cephalopagus is offline   Reply With Quote