Old 01-18-2018, 02:21 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Pyramid #3/111: Combat II

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][I]
I need therapy?
Because I like crushing heads?
No, because you made me wait so long to post my review :)

The Witched Gun.
I liked this article, well researched and good flavor stuff with decent crunch.
My main (and petty) objection when reading it was how to classify it in the Pyramid Magic index thread. Seriously there is a little here for just about all the systems and for adding magic without a magic system.

The Wrestler
Wow, these guys are tough!
I like that Wrestling Master had an Under The Hood and most of it is pretty clear. However that increase to the Trained ST is an incredible power boost.
Its significantly better than what came with Technical Grappling.
I would love some behind the scenes on that.

But these guys really seem a viable option for a DFRPG game.

Astroduel!
Car Wars in space?!
This is a great setting and should be given its own book and possibly series, or a kickstarter box treatment.
Seriously this is a great Space Opera setting and I think the best one in that genre GURPS has produced.

Animal Combat Styles
I hope people like this, I tried to cover the major types and special attacks I and others have asked for.

Creepy Charly
Tremlets setting ideas always provide interesting ideas and help inspire.

Random Thought Table,
A good solid look at Strategy and ideas for just making combat more interesting. Solid reading, especially for newer GMs.

Overall great reading but the crown jewel of the issue IMHO is Astroduel! which I feel obligated to say again is a GREAT SETTING.
I like complex and rich settings, I really do. But this one is a simple beer and pretzel setting that can get more complex if you want it to.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries

Last edited by Refplace; 01-18-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote