View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #76
LoneWolf23k

Default Re: Updating GURPS IST

Been going through my books again, and a random thought occured to me, for crossing over IST with Cyberworld: the timeline of IST ends with 1990. The timeline of Cyberworld begins with 1990.

Shouldn't take too much work to splice the two timelines end-to-end, modifying the world of Cyberworld to add in references to Supers, for a Marvel 2099 feel. Tolliver's Disease could be super-healing resistant, or affect supers even more dramatically, causing radical, dehumanizing mutations in active supers. Thus, the I.S.T.s were nearly powerless in stopping the plague, and public opinion might turn against "monsterized" supers, with "True Humans Against Metahumans and Freaks" gaining more popularity.

The collapse of NATO also leads to the decline of the International Super-Teams as an institution. While the use of Military Super-Teams is still banned by the 1982 Treaty, the rise of P.M.C Super-teams subverts this ban rather nicely, with most First World nations signing extensive service contracts to them rather then create their own super-soldiers.

Tech Level would be more advanced then regular Cyberworld, a mature 9 veering on early 10, with a lot of super-tech.

The NERCCs would have an entire division dedicated towards hunting down "Rogue Supers", with their own "Tame" supers and maybe even Sentinel-style robots.

Edit: Should I make this into a separate thread?

Last edited by LoneWolf23k; 10-09-2017 at 04:52 PM. Reason: a question
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote