View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 06:49 AM   #28
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Low CP Characters: Start small, Grow often

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Playing several times a week is the tough part. As a student, I belonged to a group that gamed all weekend, every weekend, and usually at least one evening during the week. We were playing various OD&D and AD&D forms, and starting from first level was mandatory, and made perfect sense under those conditions.

When your players are adults with jobs and families, one session a week is good going. Making the sessions short doesn't help that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Similar history here, similar experiences as we all aged. I'm technically in four games, but only one runs semi-regularly. The other three sort of pop up when the stars are right.
I used to game an insane amount of time in my teens and early 20's, but tapered off a bit as I got older. Currently, I run three campaigns: my personal campaign with my gaming group and two others which I am paid to run. The latter two I don't talk about often or in anything other than vague terms because that's part of my contract with those other groups. It's a lot of workload sometimes, but the last two only met up every other week and only for four hours, whereas my regular games are weekly and can go as long as 12-16 hours (10 is our average).

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote