View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 01:28 PM   #43
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: More Perilous Journeys: Now LIVE on Kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper2921 View Post
There is a lot going on in this thread. I'd like to take this back to the "what's next" question. I came to TFT through wargaming side of the hobby and I normally play programmed adventures solo. The RPG part provides background and story that enhances the fun of combat. I've thought a bit about the question and have recently read your Hexagram #3 Questions Three and about participation in period accurate combat. I would request moving a little towards the combat/wargaming side of Melee/Wizard.

I think it would be awesome to have a board game type concept on Viking combat such as a village raid. This would be linked to your Nordlond concept ported to ITL to create a background story for the scenario. This might have 20-30 NPCs per side. Once you get the bookkeeping methods down, this could be expanded to a Deadliest Warrior concept where you could match historical warriors against each other.

I just rediscovered ITL this summer, and haven't been in the hobby since the 1980s, so this might have been a tried and failed concept.
So...as it happens, my upcoming Character Collections 6 product, "Pirates and Sailors" might just be able to support this quite well. It's targeted at a 24-page product, with maybe four to six ships (with maps), each of which has the entire crew detailed out. The longship in David Pulver's Hexagram 1 can carry 20-32 passengers.

This will be the ultimate stretch goal for a campaign I hope to launch in mid- to late-Feb.

A scenario could use these characters, plus others from CC1 through CC5...I see something I can do with this. Great idea.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote