View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #9
nick012000

Default Re: [Biotech] Foxwife Domestic Bioroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Mind if I use this, with some modifications and attribution of original source, over on Gernsback-2? It's the sort of thing one or two of the ethically-challenged characters there would do...
Go ahead! I actually got banned from the Fenspace forums a while back for this sort of thing, LOL.

Quote:
This isn't magic. And nothing out there is everybody's fetish.
He's referring to an Internet meme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosforontu View Post
Unless the intention is for the Foxwife to teach the guardians children "the facts of life" I suspect that they won't be a particularly popular choice for most family households. Even if they wouldn't act on lecherous impulses with the kids/teens they are still going to be looked as living sex dolls and probably going to have similar social stigmas when dealing with kids as any person who performs in the sex trade.
Well, the guy who created them (in my mind) does make a point to market them as "domestic utility bioroids"; whenever someone accuses them of being just "living sex dolls", he points out that the reason that they've got such sensitive ears is so that they can keep track of children trying to get up to mischief.

Quote:
I also question the Extended Lifespan/Longevity advantages on the template especially for Bioroids which are a semi-disposable living product. After all you don't want to sell just one Foxwife to your client but probably a new one every 5-10 years and if she is popular with the client he can always pay for various expensive life extension techs out of his own wallet rather than yours.
Well, the guy who made them went, "Old people aren't attractive. Who wants an unattractive sex toy/maid/nanny combo? Nobody, that's who."