View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 12:44 PM   #8
Cletor

Default Re: Enchanting before zombie spell ?

Quote:
See the Talisman and Amulet spell on Magic 58. I think it's a small leap from there to enchanting a person. It's going to be expensive to make, for example, flaming skeletons. On the other hand, one could tinker with the various magical assumptions, like in Thaumatology, to produce the proper effects you want in your setting.
I took a look at the talisman and amulet spells and they sounds good for defencive tools, as for the thaumatology book I don't have one to look yet but as soon as I can I will get one.

Quote:
There's a lot of enchantments that can be case on "Any" that you could put on a zombie. Before or after it's raised it's still an "Any". The whole advantage to zombies is they're cheap. For the price of an enchantment or two you could raise hundreds of the dead. It would only make sense if you had a nearly limitless font of mana or a very limited supply of corpses.
Although corpses are very cheap, the zombies made from them are very weak comparing to 100 pts caracters, my goal was to make a necromancer (perhaps a lich) and have an army of undead that would survive longer than a few moments in combat. Enchanting time and cost could be ignored mostly since it's not a PC.
Cletor is offline   Reply With Quote