View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 11:17 PM   #4
Verjigorm

Location: Charlotte, North Caroline, United States of America, Earth?
Default Re: Enchanting before zombie spell ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletor View Post
So by this logic can I assume that enchanting living things is possible ?
See the Talisman and Amulet spell on Magic 58. I think it's a small leap from there to enchanting a person. It's going to be expensive to make, for example, flaming skeletons. On the other hand, one could tinker with the various magical assumptions, like in Thaumatology, to produce the proper effects you want in your setting.

I'm particularly fond of allowing Sacrifices and Ceremonial Magic style spectator bonuses to apply. For Quick and Dirty, the application of the penalty due to assistants quickly makes it so that trivial magic items, such as enchanted arrows and power stones are fairly cheap, but not too cheap. With Slow and Sure I would limit the power contribution to the ceremonial rules, but once a day. This would allow an expert enchanter with a half dozen skilled assistants to invest perhaps a fifty to a hundred points a day into a Slow and Sure project. More powerful magical items would be less expensive than they are under the default Gurps: Magic assumptions.

Toy around with your assumptions until you create the setting you want for your magic.