View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #8
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS DF / DFRPG Random Dungeon Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I changed the width in the following lines, at the very bottom of the file, from 100% to 90%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I swear that fit when I was testing it. Regardless, I've incorporated the fix.
My fix was more of a "quick fix" than a real fix. The problem appears to be that the proportional dimensions of the default Rectangle layout are so close to the available print area of 8.5x11 paper that the image takes up the entire page, with no room left over at the top for the Dungeon Name header. It probably doesn't do that on A4 paper (which is taller and less wide). Most of the other map layouts have a 1:1 proportion, so don't have that issue; excepting the L-shaped layout which is so tall proportionally that it always spills over onto two pages (and when it does it prints the header and the top 2/3 of the map on page 1 and the bottom 1/3 of the map on page 2) . This suggests that the best fix for the Rectangle is to either make it slightly less tall and more square-ish (prefered) so that there is room for the header at the top of the page at 100% width or to make it even taller and more rectangular so that at 100% width it spills over onto two pages. That change, I suspect, is in the back-end of the java code somewhere and I didn't go poking around there.

The 90% width fix just winds up shrinking all maps down, losing ~20% of the possible printable image area unnecessarily.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 06-27-2018 at 01:40 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote