View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 04:28 PM   #27
Shoug

Default Re: IQ to power spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Sorry to hear that -- and it was just awesome that you guys kept it going for 20 years! Our campaign folded after a couple of years because we were playing in college and everyone moved on...graduated, got married, joined the military, got a job in another city, etc. I'd love to get the old group together again, but it will almost certainly never happen now. Too bad to -- they were the best!

Yeah, of course, we were playing with the classic rules, but chose this way of limiting the Wizards a bit instead because no one wanted to mess with the spells themselves that way. Besides, it's really AWESOME when a ten die Magic Fist hits a bad guy!!!! ;-)

My assumption matches yours -- the limits are on ALL missile spells, not just the two where it is named. However, that little discrepancy should give the "rules lawyers" an absolute field day! (I also don't really agree with that limitation personally, but that's neither here nor there...I suppose it was felt to be necessary once the Staff officially could become a mana resource. We had staffs that could store mana too, and never found it necessary, but hey, we weren't "the official rules guys" either.)
I would guess that the reason you never charged your staffs is because you automatically gave all wizards fully charged level 2 manastaffs imbedded in their foreheads upon chargen.
Shoug is offline   Reply With Quote