View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 10:05 PM   #71
JohnPaulB

Default Re: Bestiary of Cidri

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpoehlein View Post
There will be a section on predators, parasites and pathogens, that describes what might prey on the creature, what its natural enemies might be, what diseases it might carry and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaulB View Post
I'm not happy with having diseases in this book unless its just to give the name (like Malaria). I think to do diseases justice, it needs to be in a Book of Diseases article listing the disease, symptoms, TFT affect, duration, termination of disease or patient, cures, etc.

Predators and their prey are good.
Wow gpoehlein, I profusely apologize for going off like that. Now that I'm calmed down, let me relook at the disease issue.

I like that you are wanting the beasties have the potential of giving disease to their victims. I guess I was thinking what JLV stated better. I didn't want to short-change the subject because there is a fight for space in this book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
On the disease thing, I'd personally say that it's almost a non-sequitar, given that TFT doesn't really address diseases in any detail, so unless you ALSO plan to include rules for using diseases effectively in the game (and treating them, and healing them, and containing them -- thus turning "The Fantasy Trip" into "The Pharmacological Trip"), they probably need to be very BRIEF entries so as to not "waste" space better spent on habitat or other items of real importance to TFT. But perhaps others strongly disagree with me on that....
And after the very Brief entries in The Bestiary, have a "The Pharmacological Trip" ARTICLE that covers or expands just that topic.

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote