View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #34
Mehmet
MIB

Default Re: Attribute Limits

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarusDarkeyes View Post
OK, how about a different angle. I suspect most here would not allow a human character in a 'realistic' fantasy game to buy ST 40 [300].

Assuming that is true, how high would you let it go. Why is YOUR limit where it is? What about other attributes? I think a few peopel said they try to discourage players from going above 15 or 16 in DX and such, but why? If the player has the points and wants to make a human with ST 40, why stop them? Are there any low-end limits as well? Would you allow a human with ST 1? DX 1? IQ 1? HT 1? If you have a lower-limit, why is it where it is?
If it is, say, a 400 CP game, why not? The ST 40 PC would be the most boringestest character evet with that budget, in my opinion, but I'd still allow it if no one objects :) The game is 400 CP after all.

However, if you're saying that "in my quasi-reslistic fantasy games there should be a human limit," well, yes, in some of my games ther are limits to attributes and such too but it is inherent to the setting, not the system.

Cheerio!