View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
seimphous

Default Fighting alone with Orc race and Doppleganger

1)The Orc's race ability allows you to go up an extra level if you are fighting alone and kill the monster by 10 or more.
2)Doppelganger can only be played if you are fighting alone and summons an exact duplicate who fights beside you, so you double your combat strength.

Scenario:
My friend was an Orc at level 8 and lost all his gear.
He was fighting a monster card who he was losing to and no one was willing to help him because if he beat this monster, it would have allowed him to gain 2 levels (i forget which card it was exactly) and win.
He played the Doppelganger card which now was allowing him to win the battle.
One of the other players in turn used the Illusion card and replaces the current monster with a lower level one that upon beating would only give him 1 level instead.
We let the battle resolve and my friend said that he still won the game because of the the Orc ability, which when the math was done, he was beating the monster by more than 10 because of his Doppelganger card that was in play from the previous monster still (without this card he would've been below the 10 strength requirement).

I challenged this because of the wording of the card of Doppelganger that says "summons an exact duplicate who fights beside you" and said that he was no longer "alone" in the battle.

What do you think of this and how it played out? We are both curious as to what the right outcome should be as we want to play consistently and not cheat anyone out of a well deserved win.

Thanks
seimphous is offline   Reply With Quote