View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #13
Refplace

Default Re: Cleric Healing and Healing Potions curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchonShiva View Post
However, the penalties are mostly to prevent people from recovering ridiculously fast in more down-to-earth fantasy, as well as prevent repeated 1-point heals at zero FP cost due to skill.
This.
Without the penalty Clerics would often use Minor Healing with high skill to cast 0 FP healing over and over.
That -3 skill penalty is not too severe, especially since you want high skill for lower FP costs and you can cast Minor Healing, Major Healing, or even Great Healing and different casters dont take a penalty for other casters.
So one decent Cleric is good for TWO heals per day per person, another two at -3 each (Likely still at above skill 12) for 4 heals per person per day and clerics who invested more in Healing can do better.

I havent really seen people preferring to rely on potions and instead save them for emergencies, such as when the cleric is low on FP and they dont want to risk waiting.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote