View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
Qport

Default Curse Change Race/Class

I'm sorry if this has come up before, but I'm new to the game (only played a couple times), and there have been a few disputes that have come up due to interpretation of certain cards. Most of them I have no issue with, but the Curse! Change Race/Class cards are causing a couple problems.

We've had scenarios where it's been claimed that when one of them is played, and you have multiple race/class cards due to Half Breed/Super Munchkin, that you only swap one of your class/race cards. Or that if you have a Half Breed/Super Munchkin card but only one class/race, you simply lose the Half Breed/Super Munchkin card.

Could someone please explain *exactly* how the Curse! Change Race/Class cards work, especially in relation to having multiple Race/Class cards when it happens?

I'm of the opinion that when it is played, you search the discards for the first available Race/Class card (depending on which Curse! was played), and replace ALL of your current Race/Class cards with it. My line of thinking is that the cards state:

Curse! Change Race says, "The first Race card you come to replaces your current Race(s). If you go through the discards without finding a Race card, you just lose your own Race(s)."

Curse! Change Class says, "The first Class card you come to replaces your current Class(es). If you go through the discards without finding a Class card, you just lose your own Class(es)."

The key part being "Class(es)" and Race(s)

The (es) and (s) seems to pluralize it to me, with the intent being that if you have multiple, you lose them all in favor of the first one you come across in the discards.

Also, what exactly happens (if anything) to your Half Breed/Super Munchkin card when one of these Curse! cards is played?

Thanks in advance for any and all help, I'm assuming this has been asked before but I couldn't find a clear, concise, direct ruling on it, and when I present the answer to my friends I don't want there to be any confusion.
Qport is offline   Reply With Quote