View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
Prince Charon

Default Re: [Banestorm] The Kingdom of Offasmark

Timeline, work in progress:

1118: A Dano-Saxon thegn called Offa Ironfist is swept up by the Banestorm, along with his household (family, huskarls, and other servants).

1120: Founding of the Kingdom of Offasmark.

1130: Position of Bishop of Offastown created, due to the number of surrounding villages that have or need priests. A few months later, the Duke of Quartedec creates the position of Bishop of Quartedec, despite having less need for it.

1131: Offa I 'Ironfist' dies of a 'bad belly,' and his son Hrollo 'Redbeard' is elected to succeed him.

1133: Hrollo 'Redbeard' dies of wounds inflicted at the First Battle of Quartedec, Offa II 'Hardnose' becomes king.

1135: Second Battle of Quartedec occurs. Duchy of Quartedec is absorbed by Offasmark, with the son of the last Duke becoming Earl of Quartedec.

1147: Bishops of Offastown and Quartedec begin feuding.

1156: Position of Primate Bishop of Offasmark created to end the dispute between the bishops.

1157: Offa II 'Hardnose' dies of drink, succeeded by Harald I 'the Posthumous.'

1170: A German missionary priest named Dietrich who had been living in a village in what would later be Norway, failing to find many converts, wanders south from what would later be called the Nomad Lands, having been caught by the Banestorm. Oddly, he believes that the year is 786, and his memories are consistent with what little the Church in Offasmark knows of that era. He isn't the only newcomer to arrive with an odd idea of what year it is, though he was the most notable at the time.

1182: Harald I 'the Posthumous' dies of poison, and Harald II 'Bloodspear' becomes king. Harald I's former mistress is executed for regicide.

1189: Position of Bishop of Aberwyvern created.

1209: Harald II 'Bloodspear' dies at the Battle of the Baran River. Offa III 'the Sickly' is briefly king, before dying and being replaced by Ælfgar 'Dream-Reader.'

1213: Campaign Start.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote