View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 06:40 AM   #38
Varyon

Default Re: Modern Body Armor

Current CMF research looks to be primarily at North Carolina State University. Here is one of the most recent news blurbs, with a fistful of links to the previous ones. Weight is somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 that of RHA of equal DR, which isn’t quite as good as improved ceramic IIRC, but it doesn’t shatter upon absorbing a hit. Up to you if Kessler has significant ties to that particular university.

Late Edit: The head researcher’s name - Afsaneh Rabiei - intrigued me, so I did a little digging. Turns out she did her undergraduate work in the mid-80’s (when Strange Things started happening) in Tehran, which IIRC isn’t terribly far from a Vile Vortex (the one around Mohenjo-daro). She later did her PhD work in Tokyo in the mid-90’s (when Strange Things were starting to ramp up), which isn’t terribly far from another Vile Vortex (the one around the Devil’s Sea). I personally feel this sets her up well to have experienced Something, and perhaps her research is intended to help more than just the soldiers fighting our mundane enemies...

Last edited by Varyon; 06-15-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote