View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 12:52 PM   #3283
tshiggins

Default Re: New Reality Seeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
Infertility plague.
I like the scenario presented in the Spanish film, Los Últimos Días (also known The Last Days). In that one, a virus afflicts all adults with lethally crippling agoraphobia. If they go outside, they suffer an anxiety attack so powerful it results in a heart attack or a stroke.

The movie takes place in Barcelona, which has extensive underground transportation and storm drainage systems. Those able to tunnel into that can move around, and find supplies, and such. The protagonist is actually able to find his fiance, by the end of the film.

I like it, because it's a unique take on the plague scenario. Those out in rural areas just die, because they can't go outside and they have no underground. The only survivors are those able to get gardens going in buildings with big, south-facing wndows.

For children born after, the virus is a childhood disease. If they survive it, it no longer affects them. Parents, however, are always crippled by agoraphobia.

Last edited by tshiggins; 04-27-2018 at 07:07 PM.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote