View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 09:22 PM   #9
Refplace

Default Re: Future support for TFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallen the dark View Post
Yes, I know that all products have a lifecycle and there will be a time when it will not be profitable to pursuit making more, but at the begining of the revival is not the time to throw water on the idea that TFT will live forever (or at least longer than me).
A second kickstarter and already hired a line editor sounds like a solid commitment. SJG has always leaned conservative towards its business and tried to avoid over-promising. I appreciate that honesty rather than an empty (but too common) promise of things there not sure of.
Too many companies will tell you they have plans for the next ten years only to abandon them as soon as sales slump.
With this edition we have all we need for a modern take, with the new kickstarter plus the limited licence option, plus a line editor we have plenty of evidence of a serious commitment and good material.
But if people want to wait a year before signing on, well most product lines cant survive that. Retail stores are just not what they used to be, nor is the distribution and inventory systems.

EDIT
Writing up a blog entry and another example of SJG commitment to TFT came to mind. Steve went through a lot of hassle, time and money getting those rights back. He would not have done that if he did not really want it to succeed. But hes smart enough to not blindly commit the entire company on a roll of the dice. There is a reason he has been in business so long when so many others in the industry failed.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries

Last edited by Refplace; 08-19-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote