View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 04:55 PM   #29
Skarg

Default Re: What happens if you have an action that lowers your DX on your turn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Chewing on this a little more, I'm not sure the internal/external thing quite works.

I'm assuming, or wondering more like it, doesn't everyone play so that attributes of the target, such as Blur, and the relationship between target and attacker, such as facing (e.g. Side or rear) do affect order as well as accuracy?

Facing in particular is similar to JK's example of height, and seems to me they should be treated the same.
I would not have any of those affect when an attack happens. Like range to target, they all seem to me to mainly be about the difficulty of hitting the target, but I don't see why they would necessarily make the attack happen later (or sooner in the case of a height advantage).

If standing on a chest or table gives bad footing to the attacker, though, I would have that affect when the attacker's action happens.

i.e. My principle is that people act based on their own overall adjDX. If they are getting a bonus or penalty to do something based on the target or how they're trying to attack it, that just makes it harder or easier, but not happen sooner or later.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote