View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 11:59 AM   #1
phayman53

Default How applicable is Dungeon Fantasy 16: Wilderness Adventures to non-DF Game?

I am considering my next GURPS purchase to help me run a non-DF Low-Tech fantasy game that is more realistic in its tone (even though it is fantasy). It will involve a fair amount of outdoor adventuring. I am not a tremendously experienced GM, so I always appreciate rules help and ideas, which has made me curious how helpful Dungeon Fantasy 16: Wilderness Adventures would be for my game.

I know it is geared for DF, but would the rules make sense in a more realistic setting? Do you need the other DF supplements to make sense of it, or does it stand alone for the most part? Are there other resources that would be better, like Pyramid 3/16: Historical Exploration?

I own Basic, Fantasy, Banestorm, Low-Tech as well as many other supplements like ATE: 1 &2, Martial Arts, and LT Companions 2 & 3, but unless I am missing something, most of these don't have the kinds of worked examples for adventuring outdoors in a low-tech setting that I am thinking Wilderness Adventures has. That said, I don't want to buy it only to find out I need the other DF supplements to make sense of it or that its feel doesn't work at all for a more realistic game.
phayman53 is offline   Reply With Quote