View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 05:40 PM   #73
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Pyramid #3/104: Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
Once a GM is comfortable creating custom adventures, it's time to think about where to go from there. Sure, even unconnected encounters are fun, but there's nothing quite like the look in your players' eyes when they realize that It's a Quest! Experienced GM Christopher Rice shows how straightforward it is to take your game's existing pieces and history, break them down into "tiles" and "touchstones," and then use those to form a "quest mosaic" that will add epicness to any campaign! And if you're in a hurry or just need some inspiration, the Random Quest Generator tables are full of people, places, plot twists, and more.
Good, sound article full of advice I'll never use*... but those tables might just come in handy!

Also my take on the "Sandbox is a lie"... I hate sandboxes as Player. Every group I've ever been in or run for that cried out "Give us a sandbox" was lying. The game would flounder, stumble, and inevitably grind to a bored halt as the Players refused to come up with their own driving goals (or worse, actively fought each other's driving goals). No, no, give me a railroad these days.

*I'm an inveterate improv GM, so I never plan out more than the bare bones and a few 'set pieces' and that's worked for me for years.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote