View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 06:43 AM   #25
Mark Caliber

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

One of my goals in Role Playing (with my current group) is to get the GM to shoot Diet Pepsi through his nose with a humorous quip.

Sadly this next victory was not mine but I pass it on for your review.

We were in the opening operations of a Medieval siege, and our Dwarven engineer had decided to build a Trebuchet.

This action took quite some time and that player was sidelined for a bit, while other preparations were made in earnest.

Eventually the GM turned back to the player of the Dwarven PC informing him that sufficient time had past for the siege engine to have been completed, and inquired, "What do you want to do now?"

The response was, (in an ooouuuutragious French accent) "Fetche le vasht!"

The GM asked for clarification to which the player repeated, more enthusiastically, "Fetche le vasht!"

I think to gain some time, the GM then turned to his aforementioned elixir of caffeine and took a swig.

In mid drink, his brain made the connection that the Player was quoting the Frenchmen "Fetch the COW!" in Monty Python right before they pitched a cow at the Englishmen with their trebuchet.

Let's face it, Cows and Trebuchets are just a funny combo. And another reason not to quote Monty Python at RP games is that you might accidentally kill the GM! (Fortunately ours only suffered from minor carbonic acid burns to the inner nose.)