Thread: Flat Black
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #144
Agemegos

Default Re: Flat Black

It turns out that Seeonee's preponderance over the other economies at the highest development level is a result of being a good-sized planet with a low hydrographic percentage, giving it a lot of land surface. Most of the thick flows or sophisticated colonists in the Migration Period were attracted to places that had more-attractive average conditions, but less sheer room for descendants and their agriculture. Seeonee must have enormous irrigation works. It's a planetary-scale Australia, with a thickly-settled littoral and vast semi-arid expanses. I'll have to think about whether low hydrographics has enough effect on salubity, but Seeonee's salubity is only 23%, and that's probably okay.

I can cut it down a little without affecting anything else by supposing that it was slightly less lucky in its migrants or its response to the loss of Earth, but it might not be very sensitive to initial population, and compromising its tech will pull it out of the Suite.

Gliese 853 A is too far from Sol to be the site of Mayflower, and I think it is way too late to revise the history so that Eichberger came from Seeonee. I could give this planet a very isolationist utopian culture like the old Esbouvier and swap the Seeonese to somewhere else. Or I could adjust to the Seeonese really being that overwhelming.

I think I'll swap names with Iter or Simanta and put the Huxleyesque parahumans to these figures.

Decay is inherent in all composite things.
Nod head. Get treat.

Last edited by Agemegos; 09-19-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote