View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #6
Anthony

Default Re: Combat Reflexes without defense bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
In an effort to reprice Combat Reflexes more fairly, I was thinking of getting rid of the defense bonus and instead having it merely allow purchase of one level of any (or all) enhanced defenses. So minus the defense bonus, how much is Combat Reflexes really worth?
Depends on the game. I'd probably price its components as follows.
  • Fast-Draw Talent: 2. +1 to all types of Fast-Draw.
  • Fright Resistance: 3. +2 to fright checks. Unlike Fearlessness, this does not affect intimidation, or supernatural fear that does not cause a fright check.
  • Reduced Surprise: 2/level(max 6). Each level gives +1 to rolls to recover from mental stun, and subtracts 1 turn from total surprise. If you are leader, add 1/3 your levels to initiative in partial surprise situations, otherwise add 1/6.
  • You may take fast-draw talent, fright resistance, and reduced surprise 6 at a cost of [15] as a package deal.
Note that this means full CR has [17] in advantages even without the bonus to active defenses. I suspect most people would take something like reduced surprise/3 [6] and fearlessness 2 [4] instead of combat reflexes, though; fast-draw, in particular, is a skill people don't value much.

Last edited by Anthony; 02-13-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote