View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 05:39 AM   #51
Leonidas
Banned

Default Re: OGRE IN ITALY

++++++++++++++

intercepted transmission from Tarantuolus Prime from low orbit satellite KS- 07

Astral Date: 2800 AD

Six squads of Mobile Infantry successfully landed on the planet surface to investigate the alien threat.

1.00 Global Astral Time
- Command, this is Leonidas reporting. Resistance is minimum, we advance forward to some columns. They look like nests of solidified mud and are oozing green slime. They are probably 40 Astral Units tall, or so. Proceed with caution.

2.00 Global Astral Time
- Command, we are facing major resistance. The bugs dug some tunnels and are pouring out from the surface all around us. All squads regroup to Alpha Bravo quadrant. Cover fire.

2.15 Global Astral Time
- Command, two squads down! The Xenos are covering us with acid and our armors are melting. Scanning and targeting systems are jammed --- never had such bad luck with dice, MI probably panicked ----. We have to rely on eyesight to acquire a target.

3.45 Global Astral Time
- Command, we made it to the first nest and obliterated it. Now the Bugs are firing some artillery with organic bombs. We are under fire! We require immediate support. Send the shuttle now! Squads regroup to Charlie Echo and prepare for extraction!

- Command, we are safe. The Xeons are a formidable enemy. We lost 70% of our striking forces. This was our doomsday.

++++++++++++++

I playtested the first Tarantuloid scenario. I cannot comment how cool is that, and how grateful I am to the creator. I glued the counters on cardboard and then cut them. The result was satisfactory and pretty usable. They do not look as neat as the classic counters, but they do not disfigure that much in comparison. Arachnids...ehm Tarantuloids are tough indeed, and the whole thing is pretty thematic. I loved the drop of the Mobile Infantry, and the reinforcements table. Pretty good mechanic, and make the whole game extremely cinematic. A sponsored counter sheet would be awesome.

Leonidas

P.S. I also tried the Dogpile scenario. Incredibly fun, and quick.

P.P.S. My brother fiancè stopped by the house. We tried the Mk III attack on the CP. I helped her and inevitably lost. I guess she passed the family test.
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote