View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 02:24 AM   #9
corwyn

Default Re: Help with an illusion power please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetrikpony View Post
The intent here is to confuse an opponent that has already detected the monster. When the power is on it can't be targeted effectively with anything other than area effecting powers. You can be looking right at it and not actually know where it's at AND you don't know that you don't know where it's at.

I don't think Kelly's original design was too bad. The way I price invisibility with all the bells and whistles + a level 9 Obscure (hearing) it would cost 154CP.
That build makes the illusory double independent (which is the intent of the original I'm stealing here) so it can be an exact mirror or it can seem to perform different actions as long as it stays within 2 hexes.
I'm still looking at ways to limit the Duplicate power to be what I want and stay within the letter of the RAW but I'm probably going to go with what Kelly gave me.

Thanks everyone :)
Well it's your game, and an NPC (I assume) to boot, but even with the illusion fully independent, the combination is explicitly weaker than just invisibility so it should cost less. The extra confusion in combat doesn't come close to compensating for the fact that he can't move around completely unnoticed.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote