View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 10:39 PM   #3
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Help with an illusion power please.

Ok, so what you've got here is Illusion and Invisibility. You want them both to go off at once, so you'll need Link. Sounds like you can't choose to start them separately, so the +10% version of Link is fine.

For the Invisibility, it sounds pretty straightforward. We'll put the FP cost on this, because it's the most expensive advantage, and thus saves more points. We'll need Affects Machines on it, since it definitely sounds like it hits more than just human vision. You describe it as "very hard to detect", so I'm going to assume it covers more than just light, and give it Extended (All), so it covers pretty much anything that could be described as "vision" - normal sight, infra-and ultra-vision, sonar, esoteric senses, and so forth. I also assume it can carry stuff while doing this, so we'll give it Can Carry Objects, Extra-Heavy Encumbrance.

The Illusion is slightly more tricky, but still doable. The Illusion advantage from Powers is the thing here. I assume that the illusion can only be of the creature more or less as it currently is, it can't create any other sort of illusion? If that's the case, that sounds like an Accessibility, and I'm going to call it -80%. As Refplace says, having it operate without the monster concentrating on it is Independence. For covering more than just visual senses, I'm going to eyeball a new enhancement, Extended Senses: All, at +100%. It's similar to the same enhancement for Invisibility. Also, extending Illusion to cover touch, hearing, and taste/smell would normally be +60%, giving us +40% more to cover a bunch of other sense advantages. We'll tack on -5% to represent the vulnerability to radar.

So, putting that all together, you've got:

Illusion (Accessibility, only to create illusion of creature as it exists, moving with creature, -80%; Accessibility: Not against radar, -5%; Extended, all senses, +100%; Independence, -40%; Link, to Invisibility, powers must be used together, +10%) [42] + Invisibility (Affects Machines, +50%; Can Carry Objects, extra-heavy encumbrance, +150%; Costs 1 FP, -5%; Extended, all senses, +100%; Link, to Illusion, powers must be used together, +10%) [162].
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote