View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #97
balzacq

Default Re: Fantasy Setting for GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 View Post
List of Fantasy Worlds....

[snip 21+ fantasy/supernatural settings]

Looking over this list, I can't imagine anyone being starved for a fantasy rpg milieu in GURPS. I think something could be found for everyone.
I agree wholeheartedly. On the other hand, there's guys like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
You are very, very correct. I want adventures I can run easily not just here is idea x and here is idea y. Of course at the end of the adventure it is ok to have other ideas for further adventures. The biggest problem for me is time. Also, a completed adventure is actually more inspiring for other adventures than just a basic list of ideas for adventures for me.
According to this camp, apparently, all those settings are useless, and (forgive me for inferring and extrapolating a bit) hardly even qualify as "settings" because they don't consist of fully statted out adventures in a fully statted out world.

Whether due to time or imagination constraints, all those settings, frames and adventure seeds mean nothing to this camp, because they are essentially "consumers and resellers of world product" (as I put it in another thread).

The "create your own from scratch" and "expand an outline" groups are just talking past the "complete off-the-shelf" group.

My idea of US foreign policy is three-fold:
If you have nice stuff, we’d like to buy it.
If you have money, we’d like to sell you our stuff.
If you mess with us, we kill you.
balzacq is offline   Reply With Quote