View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #91
Wraithe

Default Re: Fantasy Setting for GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
The answer is simple. Someone has to create an online magazine dedicated to fully fleshed-out adventures for GURPS. This someone must coordinate volunteers to write the adventures and a website to host the adventures.

So, who's going to volunteer? No, you may not volunteer only to host a website—that's easy. The someone who runs it will have to stick to it, and persuade, cajole, and nag adventure-writers constantly. He must answer complaints that the site does not have the adventure someone wants. He must make sure the adventures are edited and vetted before publishing.

Who is ready to take on this time-consuming, thankless job? Hm?
Exactly This was kind of the lurking side-point I was trying to make with my post about there being plenty of outlets. The trick is, that this isn't something that would be an "easy-out".

What *I* think would be cool, would be a "template" for both Modules and Settings. If it was something that aided you in making Modules or Settings (Campaigns), it could also provide a nice format to provide a way of sharing them.

You Know:

Tomb of the Forbidden Terror of Mystery
A "GURPS FANTASY" Module For Characters of Skill Level 13* (200 points*)
Orientation rating (1-10):
Story - 2, Combat - 7, Horror - 9, Puzzles - 10, Continuity - 1 Skill Level - 5

Plot Hook
Option 1: "A Dwarf, a cleric and a Minotaur walk into a bar...."
Option 2: "One of the players relatives send them an urgent missive..."

Skill Level: 5
Skill Level 5 suggests * point characters or characters with main skills in the * range

etc, etc. etc..

What would be cool would be suggestions for adjusting the Skill ratings up or down (If your party is above/under the suggested skill level, use these alternative NPC's or extra encounters)

Anyways, just a crazy thought...

*arbitrary numbers.
Wraithe is offline   Reply With Quote