View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 04:42 AM   #37
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Question about Infinite Worlds and Quantum level

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcanus View Post
So what’s people’s thoughts on a good Divergence point for an RPM Magic & RPM Alchemy type Merlin Worldline.

I’m picturing this as a variant Merlin echo or parallel in Q6, however the magic is not so showy due to the Worldline having only moved from No to Low Mana (or Normal mana in some places) by the Divergence.

Adepts are rare and only from certain rare bloodlines.

Needs to have been enough decades since divergence for alchemy to have affected all areas of industry and society.

This fits with the OPs question around high mana weird worlds being more common below Q5.

And what would Infinities naming convention be?
Mana level doesn't always result in showy magic as the fan created Five Worlds setting show. They all have Magery (Psi) with Fantasy Earth in the paradoxical situation of have No Mana but also having the oldest magic tradition.

For a canonal example there is Camelot-1 which despite being high mana has few wizards and little showy magic which is keeping with its ties to the Arthurian Vulgate Cycle.

I should point out that Low magic would make Alchemy very time consuming to do (twice the normal time) to the point I doubt it would be common.

Based on what we are given, "Merlin" is used for realities with "showy" magic out the wazoo. Alchemy worlds on the other hand get "Azoth".
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote