View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 12:59 PM   #50
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: More Perilous Journeys: Now LIVE on Kickstarter

We got it done

Yesterday morning, with the help of my children and the motto of Mal Reynolds[1], in the morning we boxed up all 51 orders that had 10 books in them.

Yesterday afternoon with the help of a newly vaccinated longtime friend, the five of us (my family plus H) made an efficient assembly line, packing up 212 physical orders.

Monday is a Federal holiday. That means I'll put all the packages in the mail before 9am on Tuesday.

Within that same time, I expect that Kixto will get the 50 packages leaving by Royal Mail into the hopper as well.

And while I'll still need to deal with any issues, that concludes the More Perilous Journeys kickstarter

Thank you for your patience on this. I feel that the books depart from my hands as good as I could make them. I hope you're pleased as well, and come by for more Gaming Ballistic project work as I launch it.

Character Collection

And as I mentioned in my Financial Overview blog post, I learned a few things over the last 18 months about launching projects.

Of the three Character Collection volumes that are to be available when the project launches on Friday all three are written and laid out. The art for the longest volume, CC3, is finished and inserted. I solved a mental quandary about print-ready counters in a pretty good way (you'll see). The art for CC2 and the CC1 retroactive art stretch goal at 350 backers is underway. That means so long as we fund and hit 350 people, PDFs, books, cards, and chipboard black and white counters will be available and ready for manufacture by the time the month-long project launches.

The remainder of the week will be split between writing the text for the next three books, and starting to make lots of time for my Nordlond Bestiary and Mission X, both Powered by GURPS.

Until then: thanks again for bearing with me thus far. I hope y'all like your stuff.

[1] I taught them to say "Let me make one thing abundantly clear: I do the job...and then I get paid."
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote