View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 07:26 AM   #5
kjamma4

Default Re: Stuff I felt should exist....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSumner
Okay, here's a couple of my home brew goodies. I'll add more later.

Caseless Ammo – 2x cost, ½ weight of normal ammo. Available for MG, VMG, and AC.
Good idea. Would these only work with normal ammor or could the other types use this as well. Also, would there need to be a modification to the weapon?

Quote:
Magnetic Pulse Mines - Only available for Spear 1000 Mine Droppers. 1d-1 damage, CPS 150, WPS 10. If an electric power plant is damaged by this weapon (even a single point), the vehicle’s electrical system short-circuits and the power plant immediately looses all power and shuts down. It does not affect internal combustion (IC) engines or independently-powered devices, such as lasers with laser batteries. A short-circuited power plant can be recharged normally.
This is a good idea also. I have yet to see ANYONE short out a power plant with a rocket but the weak armor on the underside of a vehicle would make a mine more likely to work.

Quote:
Smart Mines - 2x normal cost, normal weight. Smart Mines are equipped with an IFF system that prevents them from being detonated by the vehicle that dropped them. For 3x the normal cost they can be set to ignore multiple vehicles (i.e. ignore all Team Foxfire vehicles) For 4x the normal cost they can be set to set to detonate for a specific type of vehicle (cars, cycles, trucks, etc.).
You might want to modify the conditions under which the mines would not detonate. They should probably be inactivated if the dropping/friendly vehicle is within blast radius. This will prevent an unfriendly from detonating when a friendly is nearby.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote