View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #33
JMason

Default Re: Drinking During An RP Session

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
For me I've simply never felt that lightly pickling my brain was relaxing, or reduced social anxiety. I don't associate alcohol with "relaxing with friends", because it's not relaxing for me, and my friends have caught on to that. I think part of the problem is that there's an overlap in the symptoms of alcohol and the symptoms of my brain damage; I can feel my brain malfunction on a day to day basis, and so I'm super-uncool with how booze makes my brain malfunction even more.

I know this is contrary to how the majority interacts with alcohol. It's still jarring to hear people articulate that alcohol is "relaxing" or that it "helps" with anything in particular.
Hm, I find this interesting as what you describe kinda reminds me of how pot effects me. The few times I've gotten high (mostly contact high at indoor concerts), I don't feel "buzzed"... I just feel confused and and annoyed at how I can't focus. It's all the bad parts of drinking w/o the good. Among my friends, I'm pretty unique in this (it seems).