View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
tg_ambro

Default Re: Intelligent Mecha

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentUrsus View Post
I'm starting a Star Wars like game. One of my players would like his character to have a spaceship. It should have living quarters for six, be heavily armed, fast would be nice but it's not essential. It should also be able to turn into a 70ft tall giant robot.
This doesn't quite seem to fit the feel of Star Wars. Unless you consider that awful Trasformers + Star Wars line of toys to be cannon.

Making his ship an ally is the way to go, unless huge, intelligent, transforming ship/robots are generally for sale. I would say that your player is asking for more than the point total can handle. He wants a totally bitchin' spaceship, a huge robot, and an ally all in one! You can up the point total for the characters or shave down the robot/ship.

I think nixing the robot angle is the best way to go, then either building the ship as an ally or buying a stock ship and then buying the ally pilot droid.

Check out my blog, Ambro's Brainwaves Pretend you have telepathy, read my thoughts!
tg_ambro is offline   Reply With Quote