View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #20
Running Wolf

Default Re: Cosmology and game mechanics for Dream Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Greetings, all!

Of particular interest is the issue of where the entry points into the Dreamworld should be located. Making it a single entry area would feel wrong. Making the entries correlate with geographical location in the real world would seem banal and undreamlike. Making them random each and every time would result in too much confusion. Making them depend on some totally different characteristic, such as the aspirations or the mood of the character, would have a high risk of breaking up parties of adventurers trying to enter the world together. I'm not sure how to balance the different worries against each other and whether there is a way to address all of them.

Thoughts? Advice? Ideas? Questions?

Thanks in advance!
I know a few years ago there was an HP Lovecraft anthology of shorts set in his Dream World. Not sure if you can find something similar on line or not.

From what I can gather of your ideas his stuff might be close to what you are looking for. While it is not gaming related it would suit the general feel I think you are going for.

It's been 5 or so years since I have specifically read through a series of his stuff that took place in the Dream World.
Running Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote