Thread: House Rules
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 04:49 AM   #32
Edman

Default Re: House Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Another "house rule" I've mulled over is in regard to the Role/Status relationship. Right now, the RAW say that the more detailed a Role you have, the more Status it can have, but never actually specifies a ratio. A straight 1:1 would seem to invalidate some character concepts, such as the reclusive millionaire whose name is known, but whose face wouldn't be automatically recognized on the street and whose personal life is a bit of a mystery.

Therefore, I propose the following:

Status/Role: Celestials must buy at least one level of Role for every two levels of Status (or fraction thereof) that the Role has. This is a minimum! Roles that are especially well-known ("Jack Dakota, NFL quarterback") or very long-established ("Granny Jenkins, grandma to the whole neighborhood for 30 years") may require more Role levels at the GM's discretion.
I enforce a 1:1 ratio. I mean, a millionaire isn't going to have any particular status from his millionairity unless he proves he's a millionaire and to do that, you need funds and to have funds, you need paper. Important people will be scrutinized and in order to stand up to that, you need a high level role. I know it makes some concepts expensive, but status gives alot of power in my games so that's ok.

- Baron von Münchausen
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote