View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #10
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: [Discworld] What scenarios are we all planning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom1 View Post
As my dad was a career soldier in the British Army I've a reasonable idea of how interesting life in the military can be, both in positive and negative ways.
I'd really like to put a British flavour into the campaign - unfortunately, most of the military comedies I'm familiar with are American. I know of "Blackadder Goes Forth", but are there any other British military comedies (actually set in an active theater of war, so "Dad's Army" is probably out) that you know of and could recommend as source material for this sort of thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom1
The "Legion Abroad' concept sounds like a really clever way to get a variety of PC's together too.
Thanks, that was definitely the point. Plus, I think the element of "go where the higher-ups tell you, and work for whoever they're helping out this month" also contributes to the kind of war stories I'd like to tell. There's a very different feel if the characters are fighting to defend their homes and countrymen-and-women, compared to fighting strangers who really have no particular interest in them beyond the basic "you're trying to kill us".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom1
It'd be great to hear more about the progress of your campaign in time :)
Well, like I said, this is an idea I've had for a while, but have no particular hope of running. If someone wants to steal it, be my guest!
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote