View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #19
DBloch2012

Default Re: And ye shall know the Truth ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjc8 View Post
You say that like you're sure the Symphony isn't speaking Arabic.
I am sure it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjc8 View Post
Is it such a stretch to believe that this change is included in the Symphony?
Yes.

The Symphony was created by God, not by humans. Therefore, human language should not be what the Symphony uses to communicate.

I do not understand this "human-centric" view of In Nomine. Humans cannot affect the Symphony in any way, shape, or form: they cannot resonate with it, they cannot cause Dissonance with it, they do not make Discord with it.

And yet, you are asking me to believe that a human situation (Tower of Babel) was so important that God had to reshape the entire Symphony just to make them all speak different languages?

He is God. Why doesn't he just handwave it and go, "You all speak different languages now, m'kay?" and be done with it. There is no need to change all Creation to accommodate one small feature in the Corporeal aspect.

On that note, a lot of people also seem to be giving humanity a lot of meaning and purpose where there is none. Such as in the recent Tether thread. What makes humans so special?

Last edited by DBloch2012; 10-10-2012 at 07:45 PM.
DBloch2012 is offline   Reply With Quote