View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
JCurwen3

Default Re: Soul eating, addiction and leech

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrahedron View Post
You've got the idea correctly, and I like your unaging/dependency suggestion.
In fact, dependency has an aging enhancement. Good catch there.

I still think I want to include Leech, however, for the drawing of the soul. Any thoughts on whether steal soul could be a 0% enhancement?
You said stealing a soul would kill that person. I'm assuming if you want to use Leech, then you're either going to be directly stealing HP (attacking their vitality) or stealing Youth (aging them), since those are the only two things that Leech does that can kill (Steal FP +50% will start killing them once they get to 0 FP due to HP theft at that point).

I would say +0% is fine, if and only if souls have no game effects whatsoever besides what they do for this soul stealing character (or characters).

But does resurrection exist in your world? I'm assuming if it does, then it shouldn't work on someone if their soul was either being devoured or already devoured by the soul thief. And that'd be a game effect that should cost points (Kromm suggested a pretty nifty way to stop someone from being resurrected using an Affliction of the -1 Eternal Rest perk (was in GURPS Undead, 3rd Ed, but it can be copied as is to 4th Ed). If you're interested and it's relevant, I can find the relevant post from my bookmarks and post the link and quote it here.

And again, if "stealing the soul" has no effect other than to be able to say it's been stolen, then +0% is fine.