View Single Post
Old 11-24-2016, 08:12 AM   #18
Refplace

Default Re: Independent Innate Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Altered Time Rate?

We're trying to stay away from making it a gadget...
How would I give it 360 vision? Right now I'm leaning towards:
360 Vision (Panoptic 2 +60%, Single Skill (Halo) -20%; +40%) [35]. Does that sound right? The Halo isn't exactly a Skill. I guess I could call it Single Skill (Innate Attack). Is there a limitation which would work better (and preferably make it cheaper...)?
Yes ATR is the common abbreviation for Altered Time Rate. It gives you an entire Extra Manuever each Turn.
OK skip the gadget than but add Divine so ATR is now 20 points with -80% in limitations.
Duplication is still probably better though if you want the 360 vision.
Duplication (Single Skill (specific form), -20%; Divine, -10%; -30%) [25] and Alternate Form (Divine, -10%; Once On, Stays On, +50%; +40%) [21]
So for 25+21=46 points you have a Halo as a duplicate you can turn on or off. It will take 10 seconds to form (the time for the AF to work is a feature, you can lower it with reduced Time or even add Reflexive to Duplication and AF if the Halo can turn itself on).
Than build the Halo as a racial template "Divine Halo" with as many points as you have in your racial template (0 points if your human) or add more if it needs it. The Once on, Stays on changes it from 90% to 100% though.
But lower ST and with disadvantages like Sessile, Portable and Pact you can lower its cost enough to probably work.

The ATR build will be cheaper and simpler but the AF build gives you more flexibility and works even if your main form is unconscious or helpless.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote