View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #44
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: And ye shall know the Truth ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
FYI, when I have a Mercurian hit CD 6, the first question I ask is "What do you want to know?" She's got the biography open in front of her, so I save us both some time by letting her skip to a chapter of interest.

If she wants it all, so be it. But if I can't come up with an NPC background on the fly, I probably need to take a break from GMing for a while. :)
That's where PbP is so nice--if I don't have it in my little notebook, I can take a leisurely afternoon to think it up. Though I have several little notebooks, and know the Fate and Destiny of every significant character. If someone resonates Nameless Waiter...well, I have that leisurely afternoon to doubt the player's sanity. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBloch2012 View Post
God is integral to In Nomine. You can call Him whatever you want but He needs to be there. (Unless you use Yves for that role instead. >_>)
I like the scenario where there was a God...probably...but He hasn't sent any messages since Metatron was killed. And there's a theory, small but growing among the few angels who allow themselves such doubts, that God is dead, or silent, or a story their elders thought up. That they're really fighting for a principle and not the Lord, and that victory is not assured. They don't tell Laurence or the other Malakim for fear of breaking them with it, or being exiled for heresy.