View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 06:28 PM   #6
Varyon

Default Re: [Madness Dossier] Skill of the Week: Esmology

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
Yes, this skill lets you treat people like rats in a maze. It's from a horror setting, by Ken Hite. Don't expect it to be nice. It is specific to Madness Dossier, and shouldn't exist in games outside that setting, except maybe in extreme tinfoil-hat-paranoia Illuminati games.
Judging by your description of its uses (I don't have Madness Dossier, as cosmic horror usually isn't my thing), it doesn't seem like it would be terribly outlandish to use in many cinematic campaigns. "I can accurately predict the actions of large groups of people, and can use that to influence their actions" seems highly appropriate for a character (probably a villain, but with self-imposed limitations it would work for a hero) with superhuman intelligence, for example. I could totally see Forethought from Mindmistress having that skill, for example, although he doesn't seem inclined to use it to influence people (probably for the same reason the titular character doesn't use her technology to create world peace and the like - they don't want to become world dictators).
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote