View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #3
baakyocalder

Default Re: 6th ed - Home brew continuing characters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
I hope to do this. I think the only house rule I will need is that engines do not explode upon losing their last damage point. Instead, the car decelerates 2 speed per turn, moves only in a straight line, and weapons will not fire.

I am not sure if 6e RAR allows players to surrender, but house rule that if not.

Early arena battles will be sponsored by 2nd Chance battle armor, doubling the damage points for Driver and Gunner. There is a catch though, in that the battle armor is wired into vehicle computer. Once breached, the car locks up (per above).

For experience points / level progression, see CW Compendium 2nd Edition, Chapter 4 Characters (p. 39). It is pretty lightweight, and character skills progress fast, which is just want you want! I am confident those translate easily to 6e crew points.
I'd also house rule that the engine does not automatically explode and you can surrender for continuing campaigns.

There's already a Flak Jacket in the game, so I'd go with them being standard for my 'Amateur Nights' events where we don't want massive crew death.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote