View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 10:52 PM   #20
DocRailgun

Default Re: D&D5e Characters-What has worked for you?

In 5th edition one can take a short rest (at least an hour) and roll a number of hit dice they shoose, up to their level. They also add their Con bonus to this roll (if this reminds you of rolling hit points, there's a reason for that - it's the same). Obviously that's not so much for low-level characters, but also remember that even wizards are d6 hp now.

Taking a long rest (8 hours) restores ALL hit points.

There are also lots of options for combat healing that isn't clerical or druidic - paladin laying on hands, bards have access to Cure spells, other characters can take a Feat after 4th level that will allow them to take a small number of druidic or bard spells (Magic Initiate)or maybe the Healer feat (with which a healing kit can be used to heal 1d6 + 4 + the healed character's max hit dice).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksoldier View Post
Well, we’re about to start so I can’t say for sure bit it would seem you’d need SOME healing.

I’m not sure how healers kits work... you can heal without a medicine check, but do you need some kind of skill or proficiency?

Anyway we’re starting at 3rd level and we have two aasimar paladins ( Siamorphe and Sune, oath of the crown/ oath of devotion, noble and acolyte respectively) , a helf wizard/ fighter- faction agent, a tiefling scout/ fighter - faction agent and a lizardman ranger/ Druid - outsider.

Three characters have healing ability, we’ll see how it goes.

I’m playing the paladin of Siamorphe.
DocRailgun is offline   Reply With Quote